Sunday, August 28, 2005

Time To Go!

I didn’t want to do this, but we are running. I went to sleep last night praying so hard we wouldn’t have to, but hurricane Katrina got stronger during the time and didn’t turn from her path. She is now a category five, which is the strongest they record, and her eye wall that as of right now has winds sustained at over 160 miles per hour and gusts well over 200 mph, is heading right for us. They are calling her the perfect storm and say she might even get stronger. Of course, they have said to get…to run…that houses anywhere near the eye aren’t going to be standing when Katrina goes through.

Some how I’m loading eight dogs into a car and a truck and what else I can, and we are going. We are taking both vehicles because our house and driveway have huge old oak trees around them. My son got married three months ago and now lives next door. They will be running with us with their pets. My home is brick, so I figure I have a better chance of coming home to it than he does to his, but they might both be gone with everything in them.

I trying to remember that things are things and our lives are the only thing that is important, but the though of losing everything to this monster is just… I don’t even know how to explain it.

I better hush and finish getting ready to go. I haven’t figured out how I’m going to fit in all dogs yet, two of which can’t stand the rest and are kept in another yard. I need to figure out what I can take with me and where we are going to go. I don’t think there’s any where we can go stay, so we’ll probably drive as many hours away as we can, and then turn around drive back and hope they allow us back in.

Please send prayers our way!

No comments: