Friday, December 29, 2006

A Case of Nerves

I guess it never gets any better. Every time I send something out to a publisher, I get nervous. I double check and triple check, then I'm still sure I missed something or forgot something or did something wrong. I entered the Harlequin Great American Romance Contest. You only had to send in the first chapter and a short synopsis, but I still got my normal case of nerves. (Smile)

The judges are HQ editors and the rules say that the potential winners will be picked by Feb. 8th and then notified by mail. Maybe even if I don't win or place, the story I sent will be strong enough to earn a request for a complete. That would be good enough for me. (Smile)

To anyone else who entered, best of luck! Even if we get no where, it was a free contest, the postage wasn't bad, and we at least gave it a try.

2 comments:

IM Cupnjava said...

Good luck! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. I get nervous too. It seems no matter how many times a piece is checked and rechecked something is missed.

Charlotte Dillon said...

Thanks for the good luck wishes. I know I'll need them. I'm sure I missed some things. Like you said, something is always missed. (Smile)