Friday, September 10, 2004

Contest Scores & Helpful Comments

I got my contest scores back yesterday on Read My Mind. I missed the finals by only a few points. I don't know if that makes it better or worse. (Smile) I got one great judge who gave me almost a perfect score. No, don't laugh. (Smile) She wasn't great because she gave me such a high score. She was great because she really put a lot of effort into judging my pages. She made comments on every thing she liked and every thing she didn't, then even explained why she didn't like something or why it didn't work. I hope I'm half as helpful when I judge as she was. Some of her comments made me feel good about my writing, and I needed that right now. The couple of things she found problems with really left me thinking. Hopefully my story will be better because of the time she spent on it.

1 comment:

Carol Burnside aka Annie Rayburn said...

Charlotte,
Sounds like you're on the right track to get a great score and tons of comments. Isn't it nice when someone really takes the time to help us along this long road to publication?

Carol B.